Creative Arts Parent Association
Working together to help support all the arts at Wayland High School
Does your child participate in music, theater, dance, or visual arts at Wayland High School? Would you like to help promote the arts and fund grants for enrichment, special opportunities, classes, field trips, Fine Arts Jackets and Fine Arts Awards Night, and supplies that aren’t covered by the school budget?
The Creative Arts Parent Association (CAPA) is the only volunteer parents’ group committed solely to supporting and promoting the visual and performing arts at WHS. While we may be best known for producing the beloved College A Cappella concerts every fall and spring, our core mission is to fund innovative programs through grants that benefit over 500 students in our arts classes and extracurricular groups, including over $20,000 in grants over the past three years going to:
- Master classes and field trips
- New keyboards, a music workstation, amplifiers, guitars and an electric violin
- High-quality art supplies for sculpture, metalwork, calligraphy and other classroom art projects
- Registration fees, transportation, and scholarships for music festivals and All State
- Art hanging system for exhibitions at the high school
- Fine Arts varsity-style jackets and hosting Fine Arts Night for student awards
Won’t you help us keep WHS arts programs vibrant with your tax-deductible donation? In lieu of a letter mailing this year, we are going green and asking you to consider supporting CAPA with an online donation. Any amount is appreciated; but we are offering those who donate $100 or more by December 31, 2016 a complimentary pair of tickets to our Spring College A Cappella concert (a $36 value). Please make your convenient, secure online donation at whsarts.com/donate. All of your donation goes directly to supporting CAPA!!
Kathryn Welter, President; Cindy Lewis, Vice-President
Andrea Case, Kirsten Robinson, Kim Reichelt and Barb Renterghem, CAPA Board